CUPE 3799 is looking for an Office Assistant!
Applicant should have an exceptionally good knowledge of office administration duties and be able to perform work with accuracy and minimum supervision
This position will report to the CUPE Local 3799 President, but will receive direction from other Executive members, as applicable.
- Prioritize day to day activities with tasks assigned primarily from the President, Secretary Treasurer and Recording Secretary
- Provide invoicing and financial document assistance to the Secretary Treasurer
- Ensure office documents are scanned and filed appropriately within our shared system for easy access and retrieval
- Receive and process all incoming correspondence by mail or by email.
- Coordinate events and assist with Executive travel
- Track job postings of CUPE positions
- Order and/or purchase supplies as requested
- Review current process and procedures to create efficiency
- Perform general office administration duties as required or requested
- This position requires excellent in person and online communication and customer service skills as the incumbent will interact with the CUPE membership and Executive members regularly
- Proficiently in electronic filing, spreadsheets, word processing and email is essential
- A proven ability to problem solve and exercise good judgment along with an aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail is essential to the success of this position
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Normal hours of work will be 3 four-hour shifts, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There is flexibility in setting up preferred hours or days of work within the period but once established they will be fixed.
- Salary will be based at 25.41 per hour (UNBC Grade 5 equivalent)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Kathleen Denis, email@example.com no later than 4:30pm on Friday, July 15th.