CUPE Standing Committees
- Grievance. Committee shall process all grievances not settled at the initial stages. Contact: Joyce Henley
- OHS & Environment. The committee shall meet monthly and consider all suggestions received from the membership for the prevention of accidents and improvements of the working environment. Deb Schweder with Helen Lapp and Joyce Henley.
CUPE Special Ad Hoc Committees
- Bargaining Committee. This shall be a special ad hoc committee established at least 6 months prior to the expiry of the Local’s CA and automatically disbanded when a new CA has been ratified. The President of the local is automatically on this committee and the remainder of the positions elected from the membership. Currently Caroline Sewell, Joyce Henley, Debby Foster and Annick Pereira are the bargaining team.
- Bargaining Information Committee (BIG). Current mandate is to research information for the Bargaining Committee and disseminate information to the members-at-large, as requested by the Bargaining Committee. Various members are on the committee and any one can join if they desire. Contact Dale Laluk Committee Chair.
- Pension Information Committee (PIC). Mandate to provide information to the members on the different types of pensions. At this time the PIC has stood down.
CUPE Regular Committees
- Stewards. Contact Joyce Henley or any of the stewards. Act as a liaison between the Executive Board and the membership, deal with complaints and process grievances.
- Orientation. Contact: email@example.com .The Shop Stewards and other members shall assist with new employee orientation.
- Education. Contact: Mandi Schwarz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Evaluation Coordination Committee Sandra Shelke or Caroline Sewell
- Job Evaluation Committee Chair Kathy Shaw
- Labour Management Committee ( Consists of President, VP and Chief Shop Steward as defined in the collective agreement )
- Pension Committee. The Union shall be entitled to name a Trustee (who shall be a member of the plan) to sit on the Pension Board. Catherine King
- Senate Committee on University Budget (SCUB). John Orlowsky
- Employee Recognition Committee. Tamara Sweet
- Political Action : Vacant
- Social : Vacant
- Strong Communities : Vacant
- Women’s : Vacant
- Aboriginal Advocacy: Vacant
Engagement Committee – JoAnne Nolin
For the Good of the Union : Selene Maxwell
- Post-Retirement Benefits : Bethany Haffner